EDUCATION - PUBLIC COURSES - SEMINAR SERIES
The seminar kit includes several handouts:
• attendee workbook for note-taking and reference
• "The Complete Sea Kayaker's Handbook"
by Shelly Johnson (msrp $18.95)
• Off-Season Boating, Cold Shock & Hypothermia tri-fold
Optionally available but not part of the basic kit: "Introduction to Paddling - canoeing basics for lakes and rivers" by the American Canoe Association.
Topics discussed in the seminar include:
• equipment--minimum and optional
• using paddle craft--both kayaks and canoes
• safety practices--including video clip examples
• day-triping and touring considerations
• and, a few statistics
Welcome to the world of paddlesports.
You have joined (or soon will) the fastest growing part of boating. According to the National Marine Manufacturers Association, kayaks and canoes accounted for some 54% of new boats sold in 2006 – over 493,000 crafts. Kayaking, canoeing or rowing are enjoyable opportunities to get close to nature, have a great time, and get some quality exercise in the process. This seminar is intended for those about to join the sport and those considering purchasing paddling equipment.